Puritan Belief

The Puritans are the men of God who started in the 16th century building on the purity of the gospel message that Salvation is by Grace alone.

Fridays Top Posts Mixed

I have read so many spiritually sound and uplifting posts this week along with a bit of humor. I couldn't fit everyone in but there is always next Friday.

------- RANK - BLOG - POST - TIME TO READ - WHAT I ENJOYED -------
  1. Call To Die - Perseverance of the Saints - 2 min - Tackling the harder verses in Hebrews and giving great insight.
  2. A Form of Sound Words - Friday Night Notes - 2 min - Street preaching how to guide. Gives insight into technique and using scriptures on the street. LOVE IT!!
  3. Puritan Belief - George Whitfield's Passion - Image hearing that Whitefield was in town, dropping everything and running for miles to hear him preach to 100 000 people with no amplification.
  4. Proclaiming the Sovereignty of God - Adam's Predicted Best Selling Books - 30 secs - Extremely funny fictional book list featuring Rick Warren, The Pope and more. (Reformed Joke, You have been warned!)
  5. Preach the word - Free Will a Slave - 40 min - Absolute brilliance by Charles Spurgeon on the perils of believing in doctrines of free will. Broken into four parts: 1 2 3 4
  6. Righteous Sinner - Prayer and the Victory of God - 1 min - What areas of our life should we seek Jesus for in prayer?
  7. Modern Day Magi - a jack of all trades - Nice bit of trivia from Benjamin Franklin on this familiar saying (Benjamin Franklin was a friend of George Whitefield by the way)
  8. Godward Thoughts - Thoughts on Soul Winning - 1 min - Spurgeon gives the ins and outs of soul winning. Very easily understood.
  9. Drinking Deeply - John 6:35-71 - 4 min - Universal Call or a specific call for the elect to come to Christ?

Award for causing the most disturbance throughout the reformed blogosphere this week.

  1. Free Grace Theology better known as Expensive Works Dogma - Why Sacrifice for God if You Can't be Certain that Christ Sacrificed for You? - 5 waisted minutes - May Antonio understand the meaning of 2 Peter 1:10 by the Spirit of Jesus and not His intellect.

Add Your Comment(6)

Fridays Top Posts Mixed
Posted by Correy Friday, January 13, 2006

6 Comments:

Blogger Nathan White said...

Oh man, thanks for this post. I think I might steal this idea from you. Giving the reading time really helps me out a lot. What a great idea. But you might want to consider giving Antonio a little more than 5 minutes -that is, if you want to get through the dozens of comments! :)

Also, I just want to go on record as saying that my posts that were labeled '40 minutes' were actually written by Spurgeon. OK, I admit, I am often long-winded. :)

-Press on brother

January 13, 2006 10:32 AM   Edit
Blogger Rand said...

"5 minutes wasted"

LOL!

I refuse to read anything Antonio posts (except when he comments on blogs I read). His nonsense just irks me too much.

Hoping the Lord will teach him the real definition of "GRACE".

Later,

Rand

(oh! again, thanks for the mention PB!!!)

January 13, 2006 11:45 AM   Edit
Blogger Modern Day Magi said...

thanks for the mention. its a pleasure to share the little bits of stuff i learn.

January 13, 2006 7:22 PM   Edit
Blogger Andrew Lindsey said...

puritan belief:
Thanks for the mention and for your comments on my posts. Also, I want to agree with Nathan in thanking you for posting the reading times. That's good accountability for me as well, as I've been trying to shorten my posts in an effort to provide something beneficial without taking away from too much time people could use in reading other insightful blogs.
(That last sentence was no slap against Nathan, as he did break up his posts and he was relating an excellent sermon by the greatest preacher in English history.)
Anyway, thanks again-

In Christ,
-Andrew

January 14, 2006 1:54 PM   Edit
Blogger Nathan White said...

I got the hint Andrew! J/K :)

January 15, 2006 1:50 AM   Edit
Blogger Antonio said...

It is sad that people refuse to read someone who truly loves Jesus Christ and seeks His glory, not only in the sound exposition of His word, but also in the proclaimation of His saving message and the edification of His body.

Rand,

it is quite possible that the reason I irk you to much is that grace offends you.

Two Posts recently on my blog are deserving of view, that I gurantee you will not be able to exegetically object to: the Parable of the Sower and the Judgment Seat of Christ (the Bema).

Nathan and Andrew,

As disciples of Christ, I would appreciate your insights, comments, and objections to the aforementioned posts on my blog.

Grace and peace to you all,

Antonio

January 25, 2006 4:46 AM   Edit

Post a Comment

<< Puritan Belief